Now that I’m finished attending Book Expo America, SLA and ALA, I can get back to my overflowing email in-box and the many unanswered messages on my voice mail. But before I dive back into my pile of work, I wanted you to know about a new book that we have published and is on the shelves. It’s called Global Mobile: Applications and Innovations for the Worldwide Mobile Ecosystem and it’s edited by Peter A. Bruck and Madanmohan Rao. In this unique and timely book, Bruck and Rao bring together an extraordinary cast of thought leaders and practitioners as they survey mobile technology and its impacts on human life, work, and society.
Tag Archives | technology
Let’s be honest: it’s kind of amazing to think Pop Goes the Library: Using Pop Culture to Connect with Your Whole Community was published in 2008. 2008! And now it’s 2013.
While we were writing the book, we were very aware that one of the risks of writing about pop culture is pop culture, itself. It’s always changing! That’s one reason that we didn’t concentrate much on then-current pop culture, keeping our focus on how libraries can use pop culture in all sorts of ways, from collection building to marketing to outreach to programming.
- The Genesis of ‘Personal Archiving: Preserving Our Digital Heritage’ November 27, 2013
- An Important Lesson to Be Learned From The Internet Archive Fire November 25, 2013
- Making the Transition from One Library Position to Another November 21, 2013
- Obtaining a Librarian Job After a Long Hiatus November 19, 2013
- David Lee King on The Importance of Using Social Media to Connect with Patrons November 15, 2013
- Now in the Pipeline –The New Digital Scholar August 11, 2012
- The Extreme Searcher Rides Again…? January 21, 2013
- The Trouble with QR Codes September 18, 2012
- Marketing in Libraries: Yes, It’s Up to You! December 7, 2012
- Some Interesting Thoughts about Librarians and Blogging August 6, 2012
- Kathy Dempsey: Great segment, you two! You're naturals on camera...
- Debbie McManus: this is great Rob!...
- Elizabeth Burns: Thanks for the blog birthday wishes!...
- John B. Bryans: Hi Bonnie -- can't believe we haven't gotten tha...
- Bonnie Cohen Lafazan: John B. Bryans I Pm's my address a while again an...