Susanne is right—we had a wonderful time at the conference (#IL2013) and really enjoyed the programs and presentations, as well as meeting and connecting with other conference attendees. In addition to hearing a lot of questions about returning to librarianship, we also heard a lot from folks with questions that centered around moving from one type of library to another, or from one type of position to another. Law library to academic? Government docs to research and instruction? So here’s another Q and A from the conference…
Tag Archives | Susanne Markgren
Tiffany and I attended our first Internet Librarian Conference a few weeks ago and we had a blast. The people we met were friendly, the presenters were innovative, and the overall vibe was one of collegial sharing in a nerdy, cool and relaxed-California way–oh, and the sea lions at the wharf made for excellent alarm clocks. We both came away with new ideas for engagement in our libraries and our communities.
So things have been a little slow here on the Books Blog. We are in full conference mode here at ITI, but that doesn’t mean we should be lax on posting content for the blog…. But I digress.
About the book:
Librarianship is an exciting and rewarding career choice that offers variety, diversity, flexibility, and room to grow. In Career Q&A, Susanne Markgren and Tiffany Eatman Allen examine events, transitions, struggles, and advances that encompass and define a librarian’s career, answering a range of important questions library professionals face as they move through the various stages of their working lives.
- Ed-Tech Book Deserves to Be Widely Read April 18, 2014
- Michael L. Gruenberg Talks About What Inspired Him to Write “Buying and Selling Information” April 17, 2014
- This is nitty-gritty stuff — and it’s really cool! March 28, 2014
- Index it Right! Volume 3 is Here! February 18, 2014
- Information Today Holiday Sale–Save 40% on Select ITI Titles! December 20, 2013
- Now in the Pipeline –The New Digital Scholar August 11, 2012
- The Extreme Searcher Rides Again…? January 21, 2013
- Marketing in Libraries: Yes, It’s Up to You! December 7, 2012
- The Trouble with QR Codes September 18, 2012
- Some Interesting Thoughts about Librarians and Blogging August 6, 2012