Nan Badgett makes a great case for the indexing life in her new book, The Accidental Indexer. That’s not to say she doesn’t point out the perils, pitfalls, and personal suitability issues that anyone should weigh before diving into a career in freelance indexing–she does, unequivocally–but after spending the last several months living and breathing this text I’m thinking my next […]
We published a pretty special book this week – Amy Affelt’s The Accidental Data Scientist: Big Data Applications and Opportunities for Librarians and Information Professionals. I had a good feeling about this project from the start, and sure enough, before there was even a webpage or a catalog listing for the book, people were calling and […]
Stephanie Barnes and Nick Milton live and breathe Knowledge Management (KM). In fact, I’d venture to say that KM–and specifically KM strategy–is their obsession. That’s a good thing for the rest of us, because this week–thanks to the fact that Stephanie and Nick couldn’t keep the genie in the bottle (no way, no how)–we were able […]
More on the title of the post later… The book I want to talk about is Scholarly Metrics Under the Microscope: From Citation Analysis to Academic Auditing, edited by Blaise Cronin and Cassidy R. Sugimoto — published by ITI this week on behalf of the Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T). This remarkable new volume is the […]
- So long, it’s been good to know you May 13, 2016
- Author Michael Gruenberg at Computers in Libraries 2016 April 6, 2016
- Planning to Retouch, Repair or Manipulate Digital Images? March 28, 2016
- She never forgot it was ours February 23, 2016
- Wishing You Peace and Happiness December 16, 2015
- Now in the Pipeline –The New Digital Scholar August 11, 2012
- The Extreme Searcher Rides Again…? January 21, 2013
- The Trouble with QR Codes September 18, 2012
- Marketing in Libraries: Yes, It’s Up to You! December 7, 2012
- Some Interesting Thoughts about Librarians and Blogging August 6, 2012
- Bharath Parthasarathy: It was nice knowing you, John! Good luck and i wis...
- David Hoffman: So good, John!!! Keep calm and carry on. --Dave Ho...
- Supharb Oonyorn: Something that is very valuable. Preserved for as ...
- Nazarii Ornat: here Happy New Year...
- Purniti Gulati: Big Data Librarians Have Landed Book name in inter...