It was pretty hard to find embedded librarianship on the formal Special Libraries Association conference program this year. There weren’t any programs at all with “embedded” in the title. Apart from my contributed paper (co-authored with my research assistant Alison Makins) I don’t know of any individual presentations about embedded librarianship at all. Ruminating on […]
Great to see so many of our book authors in Chicago for SLA, including David Shumaker (the new kid), Heather Hedden, Ulla de Stricker, Robin Neidorf, Mary Ellen Bates, Jane Dysart, Paula Hane, and Marcy Phelps. (Hope I didn’t miss anyone.) Looking for a few new authors while I’m here–so far, so good!
I had the pleasure of signing copies of The Embedded Librarian for purchasers at the Special Libraries Association Conference. And while it was truly a pleasure, it was even more, because it was also a great learning opportunity. The pace was perfect. I was busy almost continuously for the entire 45 minutes, but it wasn’t […]
Today seems to be busier than yesterday. There’s more traffic in the exhibit hall and the attendees are actually checking out products from the vendors. We had a successful book launch at the SLA Marketplace for David Shumaker’s new book, The Embedded Librarian. Here are some pics of today’s festivities after the jump.
- So long, it’s been good to know you May 13, 2016
- Author Michael Gruenberg at Computers in Libraries 2016 April 6, 2016
- Planning to Retouch, Repair or Manipulate Digital Images? March 28, 2016
- She never forgot it was ours February 23, 2016
- Wishing You Peace and Happiness December 16, 2015
- Now in the Pipeline –The New Digital Scholar August 11, 2012
- The Extreme Searcher Rides Again…? January 21, 2013
- The Trouble with QR Codes September 18, 2012
- Marketing in Libraries: Yes, It’s Up to You! December 7, 2012
- Some Interesting Thoughts about Librarians and Blogging August 6, 2012
- Bharath Parthasarathy: It was nice knowing you, John! Good luck and i wis...
- David Hoffman: So good, John!!! Keep calm and carry on. --Dave Ho...
- Supharb Oonyorn: Something that is very valuable. Preserved for as ...
- Nazarii Ornat: here Happy New Year...
- Purniti Gulati: Big Data Librarians Have Landed Book name in inter...