As seasoned information professionals, we can sense them from a mile off: those bogus or misleading web sites which line the bottom of the internet like lees in a wine barrel.
ITI has just published the 4th edition of Ran Hock’s terrific book, The Extreme Searcher’s Internet Handbook: A Guide for the Serious Searcher. Publication of Ran’s handbook is always a cause for celebration around here–in part because “the Extreme Searcher” is one of our favorite people, but also because the book always gives us a […]
Today I’d like to introduce myself and how I became a true crime writer: I’m Jayne Hitchcock and back in 1996, when the Internet was in its infancy, I got involved in a cyberstalking situation, where I was the victim. Because of what was happening with me, I co-founded Working to Halt Online Abuse and Maryland, […]
- Big Data Librarians Have Landed January 27, 2015
- For KM That Works, Start With Strategy January 20, 2015
- The Drunk, the Keys, and the Streetlamp January 14, 2015
- Published and Trending: More Library Mashups! January 6, 2015
- Information Today book takes top honors! November 13, 2014
- Now in the Pipeline –The New Digital Scholar August 11, 2012
- The Extreme Searcher Rides Again…? January 21, 2013
- The Trouble with QR Codes September 18, 2012
- Marketing in Libraries: Yes, It’s Up to You! December 7, 2012
- Some Interesting Thoughts about Librarians and Blogging August 6, 2012
- Summer Reading Program: Purposeful Fun » Public Libraries Online: […] spice up your program, dig into the idea...
- Babita Singh: hello thanks For Great Post Like This http://qr4...
- Tuithang Dim: i like this site and interesting ...
- Kathy Dempsey: Great segment, you two! You're naturals on camera...
- Debbie McManus: this is great Rob!...