The idea behind meaningful gamification is to use game design elements to help a participant discover a personal connection to a real-world setting.
Greetings! I’m Scott Nicholson, author of Everyone Plays at the Library: Creating Great Gaming Experiences for All Ages, and an associate professor at the School of Information Studies at Syracuse University. During the 2011-2012 academic year, I was on sabbatical as a visiting professor at MIT, where I worked with the GAMBIT game lab. When [...]
If your library is running on a content management system such as WordPress or Drupal, changing the appearance of your site has gotten increasingly easy over the past few years. Your entire site’s appearance can change by installing a new theme.
Information Today, Inc. Announces New Publication, Online Searcher: Information Discovery, Technology, Strategies
As a practitioner-written publication, we provide a real-world perspective. Online Searcher, with its expanded coverage, strengthens the publication and makes it even more relevant to librarians, information professionals, and the information industry.
- Ed-Tech Book Deserves to Be Widely Read April 18, 2014
- Michael L. Gruenberg Talks About What Inspired Him to Write “Buying and Selling Information” April 17, 2014
- This is nitty-gritty stuff — and it’s really cool! March 28, 2014
- Index it Right! Volume 3 is Here! February 18, 2014
- Information Today Holiday Sale–Save 40% on Select ITI Titles! December 20, 2013
- Now in the Pipeline –The New Digital Scholar August 11, 2012
- The Extreme Searcher Rides Again…? January 21, 2013
- Marketing in Libraries: Yes, It’s Up to You! December 7, 2012
- The Trouble with QR Codes September 18, 2012
- Some Interesting Thoughts about Librarians and Blogging August 6, 2012