Library Mashups fans might be interested in the latest APIs from Pearson: Penguin Classics API includes works by Charles Dickens, Oscar Wilde, and the Brontë sisters – enabling developers to build new apps from the work of renowned authors dkimages API makes the professional collection of over 90,000 images accessible for developers to search, browse [...]
The idea behind meaningful gamification is to use game design elements to help a participant discover a personal connection to a real-world setting.
Greetings! I’m Scott Nicholson, author of Everyone Plays at the Library: Creating Great Gaming Experiences for All Ages, and an associate professor at the School of Information Studies at Syracuse University. During the 2011-2012 academic year, I was on sabbatical as a visiting professor at MIT, where I worked with the GAMBIT game lab. When [...]
If your library is running on a content management system such as WordPress or Drupal, changing the appearance of your site has gotten increasingly easy over the past few years. Your entire site’s appearance can change by installing a new theme.
- Index it Right! Volume 3 is Here! February 18, 2014
- Information Today Holiday Sale–Save 40% on Select ITI Titles! December 20, 2013
- A Monumental Personal Archiving Project December 10, 2013
- Eleven Questions to Ask About the Future of Your Library December 6, 2013
- The Genesis of ‘Personal Archiving: Preserving Our Digital Heritage’ November 27, 2013
- Now in the Pipeline –The New Digital Scholar August 11, 2012
- The Extreme Searcher Rides Again…? January 21, 2013
- The Trouble with QR Codes September 18, 2012
- Marketing in Libraries: Yes, It’s Up to You! December 7, 2012
- Some Interesting Thoughts about Librarians and Blogging August 6, 2012