Susanne is right—we had a wonderful time at the conference (#IL2013) and really enjoyed the programs and presentations, as well as meeting and connecting with other conference attendees. In addition to hearing a lot of questions about returning to librarianship, we also heard a lot from folks with questions that centered around moving from one type of library to another, or from one type of position to another. Law library to academic? Government docs to research and instruction? So here’s another Q and A from the conference…
You are here: Home › Tiffany Eatman Allen
About Tiffany Eatman AllenTiffany Eatman Allen is the director of Library Human Resources at the University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill. She has worked in libraries for more years than she’s willing to admit, including in the catalog department of an academic library, the library of a pharmaceutical company, and a private biomedical research foundation library. This adventure all started with a job in the City and Regional Planning Library as an undergraduate student employee. She received her BA and MLS from the University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill. In addition to her on-the-job responsibilities, she recently completed a term as president of the human resources section of the American Library Association’s Library Leadership and Management Association. She continues to mentor and coach current School of Information and Library Science students, write a career column, and cheer for her two boys (soccer or basketball, depending on the season). In her free time (as if!), she enjoys spending time with friends and family, wine tasting, supporting local agriculture, wine tasting, cooking, and wine tasting. She is the co-author of Career Q&A: A Librarian's Real-Life, Practical Guide to Managing a Successful Career.
Author Archive | Tiffany Eatman Allen
- Review of The Cybrarian’s Web June 11, 2015
- The Scintillatin’ Cybrarian April 22, 2015
- The Day the Data Scientist Came To Town April 6, 2015
- Praise the book and pass the kohlrabi March 24, 2015
- Big Data Librarians Have Landed January 27, 2015
- Now in the Pipeline –The New Digital Scholar August 11, 2012
- The Extreme Searcher Rides Again…? January 21, 2013
- The Trouble with QR Codes September 18, 2012
- Marketing in Libraries: Yes, It’s Up to You! December 7, 2012
- Some Interesting Thoughts about Librarians and Blogging August 6, 2012
- Summer Reading Program: Purposeful Fun » Public Libraries Online: […] spice up your program, dig into the idea...
- Babita Singh: hello thanks For Great Post Like This http://qr4...
- Tuithang Dim: i like this site and interesting ...
- Kathy Dempsey: Great segment, you two! You're naturals on camera...
- Debbie McManus: this is great Rob!...