Tiffany and I attended our first Internet Librarian Conference a few weeks ago and we had a blast. The people we met were friendly, the presenters were innovative, and the overall vibe was one of collegial sharing in a nerdy, cool and relaxed-California way–oh, and the sea lions at the wharf made for excellent alarm clocks. We both came away with new ideas for engagement in our libraries and our communities.
You are here: Home › Susanne Markgren
About Susanne MarkgrenSusanne Markgren is the digital services librarian at Purchase College, State University of New York. Previously, she worked in public libraries, a theater library, a government library, a seminary library, a university library system, and a medical school library. Susanne has held responsibilities (some concurrently) in inter-library loan, reserves, access services, cataloging, reference and instruction, web development, and systems and electronic resources. She is a past president of the Greater New York Metropolitan Chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries and continues to serve on the executive board. She received her BA from the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire and her MLIS from the University of Texas at Austin. In her spare time (or because she just might be insane), she is completing a master of fine arts, teaching a for-credit information literacy class, coordinating a mentoring program, serving as a mentor, writing a career column, helping to plan conferences, designing logos and websites, trying to figure out this Twitter thing, remodeling a house, raising three kids … and still wondering, what’s next? Susanne is the co-author of Career Q&A: A Librarian's Real-Life, Practical Guide to Managing a Successful Career.
Author Archive | Susanne Markgren
- Praise the book and pass the kohlrabi March 24, 2015
- Big Data Librarians Have Landed January 27, 2015
- For KM That Works, Start With Strategy January 20, 2015
- The Drunk, the Keys, and the Streetlamp January 14, 2015
- Published and Trending: More Library Mashups! January 6, 2015
- Now in the Pipeline –The New Digital Scholar August 11, 2012
- The Extreme Searcher Rides Again…? January 21, 2013
- The Trouble with QR Codes September 18, 2012
- Marketing in Libraries: Yes, It’s Up to You! December 7, 2012
- Some Interesting Thoughts about Librarians and Blogging August 6, 2012
- Summer Reading Program: Purposeful Fun » Public Libraries Online: […] spice up your program, dig into the idea...
- Babita Singh: hello thanks For Great Post Like This http://qr4...
- Tuithang Dim: i like this site and interesting ...
- Kathy Dempsey: Great segment, you two! You're naturals on camera...
- Debbie McManus: this is great Rob!...